Friday, April 9, 2010

Physical therapy starts at Rancho Los Amigos

Hi everyone,

Sandy started her physical therapy at Rancho Los Amigos yesterday. There's 3 parts to her therapy. 1. helping her with her speech and memory, 2. helping her get more strength in her left arm and leg, and 3. to help her do every day things like brushing her teeth and brushing her hair. Since she's an artist, they're also going to add a recreational therapy where she'll be able to draw and paint. The staff at Rancho Los Amigos is amazing. Sandy's room # is 1032 (bed 2) and by later this afternoon they should have her phone hooked up. Her phone # is (562) 401-8031.

5 comments:

  1. Tawnda, it's great that you've been giving us updates about Sandy--we really appreciate it!

    BTW, I tried to make a donation via the paypal button, but it doesn't have any details attached--it just goes to paypal, without any other info (email address to donate to, or name, etc.). Help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'll check into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tawnda. Thanks for the updates. I just left from a brief visit with Sandy. I'm not sure she knew who I was, and she was really sleepy, so I didn't want to stay too long. It was great to see her. She seemed to think you were coming, but I left about 7:30.

    I was thinking about buying her a wig. Is that a totally lame idea? If you think it's a good one, what color? Blonde? Red? Long? Short? I love wigs and have tons myself, but you'd know much better than me if she'd want to wear one. I'm going to pick her up a Snoopy plush, too, to remind her of those of us at Knott's who love her. I'll try to get back next week. Do you have any idea how long she'll be where she is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cassie, I think a wig is a great idea. Blonde and long I think would be good for her. I'm glad you got a chance to see her. She does get tired quickly, they're keeping her busy with a lot of physical therapy.

    Hi Mike, I think I fixed the donation button. Thanks for letting me know about the problem.

    ReplyDelete