Monday, August 2, 2010

Update on Sandy

Hi everyone,

Sorry it's been so long to get an update to all of you. It's been hard for me to find time to keep up with everything. Sandy is on a lot of different medications, one is steroids which helps to reduce the swelling in her brain. Unfortunately the steroids also makes her muscles very weak and also just makes her very, very tired. It takes two people to assist her in walking and then she can only take a couple of steps. It's becoming more difficult to transport her from one place to another, but not impossible. As long as Sandy's is up to it and it makes her happy, I will try to get her out of the house to any events that come up. Sandy for the most part has been in a good mood and definitely has not lost her sense of humor. I did notice something that just started a few hours ago that's worrying me. She seems to be having difficulty in talking and it's taking her a lot longer to answer me when I ask her a question. She had to stay in an assisted living place over the weekend so that we could take our son to cub scout camp and I'm hoping that maybe she just didn't get alot of rest there and she's just really tired today. I'll see how she is after a good nights sleep tonight and will post another update tomorrow to let everyone know how she's doing. Thank you to all of you! This is a very scary time right now for us and knowing that you're all out there sending love and good thoughts our way makes it a little easier.

3 comments:

  1. Is there any possibility that she might be able to attend, even briefly in a wheelchair if necessary, TPA's Haunt night (perhaps just at the meetup before), or is her immune system still knocked down too far for that kind if exposure? Seems like it'd be a big morale-booster, both for her and all of us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it would be a great morale booster for everyone. If she is up to it, I will definitely have her there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to see her at the end of the Scavenger Hunt event but we all understand if it's not possible. We still love her anyhow!

    ReplyDelete