Saturday, August 14, 2010

Update on Sandy

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the blog. Things have been very busy around here. Bobby Albright and his wife Kasia came to visit last week and he wrote a little bit about his visit with Sandy. You'll find that below. If anyone has time and would like to send me an e-mail about your visits with Sandy, I'll post them also. I think it'll help everyone to be more informed about how Sandy's doing. Thank you Bobby for doing this and thank you to all of you for just being the amazing people you are!

BOBBY: On Sunday, August 8th, Kasia and I stopped by to visit Sandy. She was weak due to the medication she is on. Her left side isn't functioning well at the moment but her grip with her right hand was strong as she held our hands, squeezed, and rubbed as pulled them in close to her face as if to give us a kiss on the top of the hand. She looked at us with her beautiful eyes with a message of love which she always has. Her ability to speak has diminished, but she can still say a few soft words. I was telling a story to her family about a joke I played on her at haunt. She squeezed my hand and everyone heard her give me a pffff! as if to poke me. We all broke into laughter and she cracked a smile. As we left after a couple of hours of visiting, She pulled my hand in close again and gave a big squeeze up next to her face not wanting to let go. Bobby Albright

No comments:

Post a Comment