Monday, July 12, 2010

Hi everyone,

About a day before Sandy's last doctor's appointment which was on June 29th, Sandy started having a little harder time walking and seemed to be a little off balanced. The doctor felt it could be from her out patient physical therapy not starting yet. Since then she has continued to get a little worse every day. In the last couple of days her thought process and her speech seems to be getting worse also. Her next appointment is on the 27th of this month but we're making lots of phone calls today to see if we can get her in earlier. I've e-mailed her Oncologist doctor for advise and he told me that the kind of tumor Sandy has is very bad and is at stage 4. Although they did get all the tumor out, the bed that the tumor lived in still remains and that alone can cause the tumor to grow back. Of course everyone including the doctors felt that there was plenty of time before the tumor would grow back since the last time it took 12 years. I'm not sure what's going on with Sandy yet and I'm definitely not giving up! I will be posting a new blog everyday to keep everyone informed of how Sandy's doing. Thank you for all the e-mails that have been sent. Please keep them coming, it really lifts her spirits.

3 comments:

  1. Sandy! Keep yourself in a purple-positive mood! I miss you a lot and now, with the whole Haunt fiasco starting, I miss you more :(
    You are there in spirit with me for every hall of freakin' bricks and every hot, humid, nasty, stinky, dusty moment trying to apply gummy paint to a steaming wall. Hmm? I think the girls and I need to play hookie and come visit you! I will try to get something together soon. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not the kind of news I like to read, but I'm not giving up on beautiful, fabulous Sandy either! She's our miracle. We all love her so much. Chin up! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your spirits up. The scavenger hunt is coming along well and I can't wait to see everyone having fun doing this in your honor!

    ReplyDelete